Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Crunch


Fall is definitely my favorite season - fresh, crisp air coupled with school spirit and the smell of pumpkin pie spices everywhere.  Really, if pumpkin could just be in season all year long, I would be in heaven!  If it has pumpkin in it, it is my favorite!!



So, when I saw the recipe for Pumpkin Pie Crunch over at Giving Up On Perfect, I immediately put it on my list to try...NOW!  Then, when I bought one of the Chex cereals, I found the same recipe on the back of the box along with a few other Chex Mix variations I think I will try soon.

But, on to the recipe:

PUMPKIN PIE CRUNCH

1/4  cup light brown sugar
1  tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4  cup butter
2  teaspoons vanilla
2  cups Cinnamon Chex
2  cups Honey Nut Chex
2 cups Golden Grahams
8  oz honey-roasted peanuts

Mix the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
Melt the butter in a separate bowl and add the vanilla.
Stir the sugar mixture into the butter mixture.

Mix the cereals in a large microwaveable bowl.
Pour the sugar &  butter mixture over the cereal and stir it up to coat the cereal.
Add the peanuts and mix.
Microwave the mixture for 2 minutes and stir.  Repeat.
Spread on a cookie sheet or wax paper to cool.
Enjoy!!

Be warned: this stuff is addictive!  Make for a party so you don't eat the entire batch yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment