Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My First Machine Applique!!

I purchased a simple embroidery machine almost the minute I found out I was pregnant with my daughter.  That was five years ago.  I completed my first machine applique yesterday. 


I realize there is something wrong with this picture, but I am a perfectionist, and I just couldn't make myself sit down and figure it all out.  Until I had a beautiful baby boy.  And a four year old girl.  


Let me just tell you how difficult it is to find cute, matching clothes for these two.  Not only are they different sexes, but they are in different age groups clothing-wise as well.  No cute matching designs, for sure, but also very difficult to even finding matching colors.  So, not only did I complete my first machine applique, but I also dyed their shirts before starting!!  I am pretty excited by the results, and my daughter is giddy because I am now making her a coordinating skirt (she will only wear skirts and dresses these days...no idea where this girly-girl came from!). 

We can't wait for the first day of school!

1 comment: